Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some good ones from the past month

So Chris has now moved to my city! So the zingers are more regular, which I am stoked about. Here are some good ones that I managed to write down a few weeks ago:

(Over dinner, where he is sitting on the inside of a booth, so I offer to go get him seconds)
Chris: Yes, because apparently I'm a hungry hungry hippo. I sit in a corner and open my mouth and food rolls in.

(And just randomly over that same meal)
Chris: Remember fat people nursery rhymes? "Fatty fatty 2-by-4, can't get through the kitchen door"?
Mom: I never said that.
Chris: I didn't say you said it to the small child who later had severe emotional trauma.

-------------------------

So this one takes some lead up. We went skiing to Mt. Baldy, which has to be the poorest excuse for a ski resort I have ever heard of. On the lift to the one passable trail, I mentioned how at the top of the lifts at Snow Summit there is a cabin with food and alcohol for sale. The following zingers ensued.

Chris: Yes, I could go for a shot. I'd take a shot every time I came up the lift. I'd drink until this run was good. ... (to the run) Drink you pretty.

-------------------------

And a great email thread with the entire familia:

From: Mom
To: Chris, Tina
Subject: Vacation

So with all of the issues going on in the Mediterranean, perhaps Malta may not be the best decision. What would you think of going back to Bonaire?

From: Tina
To: Mom, Chris
Subject: Re: Vacation

I am always up for Bonaire. Do we have to make these decisions now for August/September?

From: Chris
To: Tina, Mom
Subject: Re: Re: Vacation
Yeah, I'm up for some Bonaire as well.

From: Mom
To: Chris, Tina
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Vacation

I thought we'd wait a bit, but should start discussion. No need to cancel Malta yet, but if we **do** have to make another decision, we should be able to move quickly on our second option.

From: Chris
To: Mom, Tina
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vacation

Why don't we all just man up and do a liveaboard in australia?

No comments: